The Objectives Of This Association Shall Be As Follows:
- To develop greater understanding of the Chautauqua County Public Schools by the people of the County
- To promote and encourage cooperation among the various school boards in the interest of better education.
- To provide an exchange of information on
school affairs, and to hold conferences for the discussion of school
- To provide a permanent organization that
will voice the wishes of its members on legislation or other matters.
- To assist its members in every practical
way with their school board problems.
- To assist Boards of Education in orientation
of new members
What makes a good school board member?
The legal requirements for board membership are few, but qualifications for effective service are many. The most effective board members possess most or all of these attributes: read more
What does a board member do?
With children always their ultimate focus, school board members act officially only at the board table, working with other board members to accomplish the following: read more
How do I become a candidate?
School board members in New York State, except for those in
the five largest cities – Buffalo, New York City, Rochester, Syracuse
and Yonkers – receive no remuneration except the satisfaction that comes
from rendering an indispensable public service: read more